May 1, 2009, Seneca Falls, NY:
One year after introducing industry’s first onboard standard pump intelligence, ITT Goulds has extended the i
feature to all of its ANSI process pump models.
Regardless of the application requirements, there is now an i
pump that will provide operations personnel, maintenance managers, and reliability engineers – continuous 24/7 monitoring.
The additional models now fitted with i
- CV 3196 non-clog process pumps
- HT 3196 high temperature process pumps
- LF 3196 low flow process pumps
- 3198 PFA lined process pumps
- 3796 self priming process pumps
- 3996 in-line process pumps
Besides optimizing pump reliability, the i
family allows plant personnel to minimize inventory (costs and warehousing space) and downtime.
’s stainless steel condition monitor, i-ALERT
™ , is nested securely atop the power end to measure critical vibration and temperature readings. Variations in temperature or vibration that exceed preset parameters will activate the early warning system by displaying flashing red lights easily recognized during routine walk-arounds.
In addition to the condition monitor built into the pump, the patent-pending i
design incorporates many other standard features designed to increase reliability and the life of the pump. They include:
- Premium severe duty thrust bearings which increase fatigue life by 2 to 5 times that of standard bearings
- Dual stainless-steel, bronze-bearing isolators for improved corrosion resistance and contaminant exclusion
- An optimized sump design to improve heat transfer and collect and concentrate contaminants away from the bearings, resulting in longer bearing life
With several patent-pending design features, the 3196 i
also eliminates the possibility of mistakenly purchasing a “knock-off” or replicated pump or parts.
ITT Goulds pumps with i
power ends come with a 5-Year Warranty as standard.
About ITT Corporation
Goulds Pumps is a fluid brand of ITT Corporation. ITT Corporation is a high-technology engineering and manufacturing company operating on all seven continents in three vital markets: water and fluids management, global defense and security, and motion and flow control. With a heritage of innovation, ITT partners with its customers to deliver extraordinary solutions that create more livable environments, provide protection and safety and connect our world. Headquartered in White Plains, N.Y., the company generated 2008 sales of $11.7 billion. www.itt.com